The Algorithm Workbench (AW) is a Windows
tool for data analysis. Data
analysis algorithms are connected to the AW and data is executed using these
The results of execution can be viewed and printed in several different
ways using the AW.
In addition, algorithms can be fine tuned interactively using the AW.
The AW is intimately tied with the Algorithm Library since most of the
analysis routines in the algorithms are provided by the Algorithm Library.
For more information on the Algorithm Library see the documentation on
the Algorithm Library project.
If you are using or plan to use this application please inform Patricio
Vidal so that you can be consulted before making functional changes and be
informed of futures updates.
How to Install
Click on this link and choose to open from dialog. The
installation script will now execute. Follow the prompts within the installation
How to Access From ClearCase
To access AW from ClearCase, create or update a current ClearCase
view with a config spec that includes a /main/LATEST
rule, and mount the \ALGORITHMS VOB.
To add the AW to your SCM project at Level 3 please add
the \ALGORITHMS VOB to your OTHERVOBS line in the cm.ini file, and add one of
the following rules to your project config spec template:
1) For the latest version:
element /ALGORITHMS/Workbench/... /main/LATEST -nocheckout
2) For this specific version:
element * ALGORITHMS_WORKBENCH-EXT-V4R2
ClearCase specific information:
- Compiling using VC 7.0 (Dot Net)
- Added a checkbox for the batch view to allow or exclude duplicate
entries for a batch group.
- Removed the double status bar.
- Made the first status bar pane's size static.
- Made the second status bar pane's size variable.
- Display the path of the current data file in the second status bar pane based on the current size of the pane.
- Data files can now be read from directories with spaces in the name.
- Indicating in reports and in batch dialog when an algorithm fails to execute.
- Modified registry key to Beckman Coulter.
- Added support for relative paths of data files in meta files.
- Added ability to dump .VW files to directories with a dot in the name.
- Created a new install package.
- Made the directory windows larger in the project and dump file name screens.
- Added the capability of reading INF files with missing DAT files.
- Removed report templates and the references to them.
- Added this HTML document.
- Created the installation application using Visual Studio.NET
- Made Report Variables Properties dialog longer to make scrollbar usable.
- Right justify full path of current file in the run batch dialog.
- Added go to data file capability for the batch view.
- Fixed the saving and loading of a Super2D display with different paths.
- Reset batch group dropdown in batchview to previously selected batch
group after execution.
- Fixed the border of 2-D Histograms when they are resized in reports.
- Fixed the LED display of the batch view if files are added or removed
from the batch group.
- Modified the batch run dialog to display number of report pages to be
- Added a check box to indicate if reports are to be printed.
- Disabled the printing of reports if batch is stepped through.
- Fixed the crashing of the application when there is a mismatch between
unicode / non-unicode versions of files and the application.
- Updated to succefully load legacy algorithm DLLs when the ALMP*.dll is in the algorithm's directory.
- Added time-stamp to log window.
- Updated to load INF/DAT files even if DAT file is longer than needed.
- Fixed bug that created new projects that were not the latest version.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Reports to display FCS parameters.
- Fixed bug that causes an application error when Batch-printing Reports and the report file wasn't open.
- Fixed bug that causes an application error when Batch-printing Reports and the data files where on another drive.
- Made dialog for Multi-Point line selection wider so that long names are not cropped.
- Fixed the Bitmap editor for .dst files.
- Now the application will not take the focus when launched from the command line.
- Added Non-Unicode version "AlgorithmWorkbench.exe" to the release.
- Fixed bug that prevented the loading of the limit file when stepping in a non selected-to-run group.
- Now any errors or warnings generated when executing a data file will be numerated and shown to the user.
- Now opening any Workbench file will open that file instead of last project.
- Fixed bug that causes Workbench to crash if the .dat file was corrupt/missing in a inf/dat pair.
- Fixed bug that causes the Batch Group Limit file to be shown as "No Limits File" when limit was not included in the current
- Added command line support:
/algorithm filename: Algorithm dll path.
/batch filename : Batch file (.awd).
/group name : Group name to execute, "*" to execute all the groups.
/out filename : Output filename for execution information.
/? /help : Displays this help window.
- Made Batch Group files relative to the Batch document (*.awb).
- Added automation interface (AlgorithmWorkbench and AlgorithmWorkbenchU libraries) with the
[id(2)] void Show();
[id(3)] IProject* OpenProject(BSTR theProjectPath);
[id(4)] void Quit();
[id(1)] IBatch* OpenBatch(BSTR theBachName);
[id(1)] VARIANT StartGroup(BSTR theGroup);
[id(2)] VARIANT IsGroupFinish();
- Reactivated Registration of OCXs when the application is starting. If the required OCXs are not
registered the application will register them. If the application can't find the OCXs, an error
message with the missing OCX's names will be displayed and the application will exit.
- Fixed bug that could prevent loading of the project files (Release builds).
- Fixed bug that prevented to load a project if a project was already open.
- Now the Unicode version is named AlgorithmWorkbenchU.exe.
- Fixed bug that closed the Project without saving it when a new project was created or opened.
- Fixed bug that closed limits files without saving them when running the batch file.
- Unexistent files are now shown in Bold in the Project tree view.
- Added Tooltips to the Project tree view to show the full path of the file.
- Now the files of the Project are stored with a relative path. This allows to open a project
mapped in a different directory structure.
NOTE: New Projects (or old Projects updated to version 4) will be loaded as empty on
previous versions of AlgorithmWorkbench.
- Fixed "falling" windows. Now the last windows positions are save and restored correctly.
- Fixed missing cursors when resizing/moving Report elements.
- Now the AlgorithmWorkbench MainFrame is displayed before asking for a project.
This allows Windows to show the AlgorithmWorkbench tab in the task list.
- Added build information to the application window title.
- Added "Unselect All" option in the "Batch Run" dialog.
- In the "Data Source" tab of the "Batch Group Properties" dialog:
- Added default filename to the Data Directory dialog so that the user doesn't
need to select a file.
- Fixed the "Data Source File Type" FCS filter: now the user can list *.LMD files.
- Now the points in the Multipoint Figures (2D Histograms) can exceed the histogram
boundaries without generating the warning dialog.
- Now the About dialog shows the correct build configuration.
- Fixed Batch running cursor hot-spot. Now the hot-spot is the arrow tip.
- Fixed unnecessary save of the Batch file when Run button is pressed.
Last Updated: 4/11/03, Stuart Blavatnik